Aplicaciones en Informatica Avanzada (AIA)
Aplicaciones en Informatica Avanzada, S.L. (AIA), founded in 1988, is one of the few Spanish companies working in the Consulting and Engineering of Software and IT Systems that strongly emphasizes innovation. The objective of the AIA Group is the transformation of information into knowledge, where the customer is considered as a collaborating participant. AIA Group’s main objective is the production of a real and tangible economic benefit for its clients; this is achieved through innovation using basic science methods, particularly coming from Physics and Artificial Intelligence backgrounds.
AIA has a long experience in power grid analysis and management, providing services (consumption and generation forecasting for instance) and products for analysis and optimization of grid operation, and support for grid restoration (after total or partial blackout). AIA has been involved in several national and European projects related to power grids: ENERGOS (smart grids), FP7 iTesla (Pan European Network), EXAMINE (Infrastructure Electrical Interdependencies Vulnerabilities Risk Reduction). In the field of pattern recognition for security the main relevant project AIA participated are FP7 EMILI (New generation of control systems for large Critical Infrastructures (CIs) like power grids and telecommunication systems, airports, railway / metro systems, and oil and gas pipelines; HEMOLIA: Hybrid Enhanced Anti Money Laundering Intelligence, Investigation, Incrimination and Alerts (R&D FP7); IRRIIS: The goal is to build SimCIP (Simulation for Critical Infrastructure Protection), a simulation environment for controlled experimentation with a special focus on CIs interdependencies; SAFEGUARD: Improving security in electrical networks when interconnecting with other networks.
The areas of knowledge of Grupo AIA include:
- Intelligent Observation Systems: Motor based on a hierarchical conceptual structure of knowledge that interfaces with real-time transactional systems and event-driven systems.
- Optimization Techniques: Using classical methods, genetic algorithms, neural networks, algorithms A *, physical models (simulated annealing) Monte Carlo methods.
- Predictive Analysis: Neural Networks, pattern recognition, time series analysis and Contextual Information Symbolic analysis, among others.
- Electrical Network Models: AIA has accumulated years of experience analyzing and building models transmission grids worldwide and has built a substantial base of knowledge.
- Social Network Analysis: Modelling social networks, analysis of the evolution of communities, optimizing communication through the social network.
- Segmentation and characterization Models: Developing models for unsupervised segmentation and characterization of large volumes of individuals with marketing applications.
- Modelling of knowledge: Development of methodologies for modeling and representing knowledge.